I’m heading a five day workshop, with accommodation, at the Dartington Trust art school
The course runs from 13th – 17th September
On this course you’ll use techniques with clay and found materials from the beach to form ceramic and mixed media work. The course also includes a trip to the beach with potter Kit Andrews, where you’ll experience pit firing with seaweed.
I will demonstrate techniques such as using mixed media in surface decoration; adding materials for colour and texture; and using combustible materials such as fabric, paper and organic objects embedded to create different effects.
You will also explore how to make pieces that can be combined with found objects to form a 3D composition, or a mixed media vessel.
Using techniques with porcelain, including pinching and rolling, you will learn how wire and wood handles and other attachments can be accommodated.
There’s an option to stay at this beautiful location near Totnes in Devon so you can relax and enjoy the whole process.
Visit the Dartington Trust site to find out more and book a place.
I offer teaching sessions and workshops at other venues around the South East. In the past I have taught regular classes and one-off sessions in ceramics and in mixed media at:
- West Dean College (Short Courses Tutor, West Dean, West Sussex)
- Forest Row School of Ceramics (Short Courses Tutor, Forest Row, East Sussex)
- The Ceramic Studio (Brenchley, Kent)
- The Clay Studio (Groombridge, East Sussex)
- Ditchling Museum of Art+Craft (Ditchling, East Sussex)
- The University of Brighton (Lecturer in Ceramics (maternity cover 2017-2018), BA 3D Design, Brighton)
When classes are available, I will list future booking availability here and send details via my newsletter